Bordo believes in minimising our environmental footprint, and have a number of initiatives that are both leading edge and practical.
Bordo has installed an 85kW solar array on both our warehouse and office buildings, and we anticipate the electricity generated will provide enough power for our operations.
The system is made up of a total of 440 panels and 6 inverters, and our generated statistics are publicly available at this link.
Completed in 2004, the building was designed with many “green” features, which were put in place to make the space better for employees and the environment.
Sustainable solutions featured in the office design include:
• natural ventilation
• improved roof insulation
• solar domestic hot water installation
• low energy lighting and daylight dimming controls
• sustainable timber, “green” concrete and recycled steel
• implementation of a waste management plan
• rainwater tank to supply landscape irrigation and toilet flushing.
Over a decade later the sustainable aspects of the building have more than paid for themselves and continue to provide a fantastic and healthy workplace for Bordo staff.